As city officials move through the budget season, Stamford's Mayor Michael Pavia said they will continue to work hard on providing the best future possible for the city and continue to look forward.
For Pavia's entire preview of the upcoming address, watch the video above. The mayor mentioned some topics off-camera his address would cover, including:
- What the city has learned from 2009 to present.
- An overview of the Civility Series and those who participated in it.
- A look at the city's prosperity, it's tax base and the Grand List reevaluation.
- The youth employment program.
- The overhauled Emergency Management system in the city and the CERT Team.
- Stamford Police growth, including highway, tactical, hostage and special response teams and undercover investigations.
- Website changes, The 311 System and City Ethics training.
"We are the safest town in New England and the 15th in the country," Pavia said. "We're going to be looking at all of the good things we've been able to accomplish."