President of the Board of Representatives, Randall M. Skigen, is pleased to announce a series of “Meet the Chief” Public Forums to introduce Stamford’s new Chief of Police, Jonathon Fontneau.
A series of seven public forums will be held over the next three months throughout the city. Residents are invited to attend to meet Chief Fontneau and inform the chief and their district representatives of neighborhood issues and concerns.
Each public forum will be two hours in length. For those that want to speak at the Public Forum, sign up will begin 15 minutes before the start of the event and will be limited to 45 speakers, each of whom will be allotted two minutes to speak.
The first public forum will be held for residents of the Downtown and West Side on Saturday, March 2, 2013 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Legislative Chambers, 4 Floor, Government Center, 888 Washington Boulevard. This forum is for Residents of Municipal Districts 5, 6 and 9. Please visit boardofreps.org to determine which district you live in.
Future Public Forums are listed below:
- Wednesday, March 6 - Bull's Head/Outer Downtown - Districts 10, 11 and 12
- Wednesday, March 13 - North Stamford - Districts 19, 20, northern parts of 13, 18
- Wednesday, April 3 - Cove/East Side/Shippan - Districts 1, 4 and 8
- Wednesday, April 10 - Glenbrook/Belltown/Springdale - Districts 7, 15, 17, southern part of 18
- Thursday, May 9 - Waterside/South End - Districts 2 and 3
- Tuesday, May 14 - Mid Ridges - Districts 14, 16, southern part of 13
Details, including locations and times, can be found at www.boardofreps.org or by calling the Office of the Board of Representatives at 203-977-4024 or by email email@example.com.