.

Ceremony Monday For Refurbished Cold Spring Road Bridge

The $1.5 million project to restore the historic bridge took 15 months to complete and required detours due to lane closures.

Stamford Mayor Michael A. Pavia will preside over a ribbon cutting ceremony for the completion of the rehabilitation of the Cold Spring Road Bridge over the Rippowam River at 10 a.m. Monday, September 24.

The $1.5 million project to restore the historic bridge took 15 months to complete. During construction the bridge was reduced to one lane, resulting in detours that lasted for months. The project was handled by design firm Stantec Consulting Services of Hamden and McNamee Construction Corporation of Lincolndale, NY, according to a press release.

The project is reportedly eligible for approximately 28% reimbursement from State Department of Transportation under the DOT's Local Bridge Program, with the remaining 72% coming from municipal funds, the release states.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something