.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Sends 13 to Hospital

Family had generator running in basement of home.

A house full of people riding out the Hurricane Sandy at a residence on Leeds Streets was sent to the hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning relating to generator issues, Stamford Police Chief Jon Fontneau said Tuesday.

13 people were sent to Stamford Hospital after authorities responded to a call on Leeds Street. The Stamford Police Department and fire marshals are investigating the incident.

The household apparently had a generator running in the basement, Fontneau said. This is an incredibly dangerous thing to do. Do NOT run a generator inside a home.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »