According to authorities, a 24-year-old Stamford man was arrested and charged in connection to the stabbing of a bouncer Sunday night just before midnight.
Ismael Antonio Esteban-Lazaro, of Stephens St., was arrested by officers responding to an unruly individual at Hugo's Restaurant, a taco joint in the 100 block of Stillwater Ave., police announced Monday.
Police said Esteban-Lazaro was being escorted out of the establishment for causing a disruption when he suddenly charged back into the business and stabbed the bouncer in the stomach.
A second bouncer working at the restaurant gave chase and pursued the suspect all the way to Stamford Hospital while on the phone with police, giving a description of the suspect and location of the chase, police said.
Esteban-Lazaro was picked up by officers and found to be in possession of a 4-inch switchblade knife, police said.
The victim of the stabbing was taken to Stamford Hospital for exploratory surgery and was listed in stable condition with non-life threatening injuries.
Esteban-Lazaro is being held in leiu of $75,000 bond and was scheduled to appear in court Monday. He faces assault, weapons and resisting arrest charges.
Maybe it wasn't such a good morning
A on Maple Avenue at 7:05 a.m. April 14, ended up being arrested on a driving while intoxicated charge.
According to a police report, following an "investigation," Madeline E. Rapsis, 31, who gave an address of 200 Broad St., Stamford, was charged with driving under the influence and traveling unreasonably fast. The report did not detail the "facts and circumstances" that lead to the arrest.
Rapsis was released after posting $250 bond and scheduled to appear April 30 in state Superior Court in Stamford.
- Maurisio Aguilar, 36, of West Ave., faces three counts of criminal mischief.
- Brian George Anderson, 34, of Willowbrook Ave., faces one charge of failure to appear.
- Alfred L. Bryant, 26, of Southfield Ave., faces criminal mischief and breach of peace charges.
- Badi O. Chamas, 55, of Courtland Ave., faces charges of disorderly conduct.
- Miguel Contreras, 43, of Atlantic Street, faces tresspassing and possession of paraphernalia charges.
- Jonka Cruz, 36, of Ursula Pl., fces evading charges.
- Raul Cruzdepaz, 47, of Stephen St., faces evading and operating a motor vehicle without a license charges.
- Steve Durdek, 19, of Connecticut Ave., faces criminal attempt at burglary and criminal mischief charges.
- David Dziedzic, 32, of Platt St. in Norwalk, faces charges of disorderly conduct.
- Thomas Robert Golterman, 41, of Harbor St., faces charges of possession of a controlled substance, sale of a controlled substance, operating a drug factory and "traffic signal preemption devices."
- Freida Michelle Hunt, 46, of S. Pacific St., faces failure to appear charges.
- Michael Renee McMurray, 47, of S. Pacific Street, faces larceny and possession of narcotics and drug paraphernalia charges.
- Sergio G. Ruiz, 34, of Richmond Hill Pl., faces charges of assault, strangulation and disorderly conduct.
- Julio Sequeira, 25, of Maher Rd., faces charges of illegally operating a motor vehicle while under suspension.
- John Damyn Steedley, 28, of Sobin Dr., faces charges of risk of injury to a child, breach of peace and assault.
- Melvin Zuniga, 32, of Perry Rd., faces reckless driving and improper turning without a signal charges.