April begins with a bloom of activities and entertainment around town to keep your weekend on track.
The Mystery of Edwin Drood
- Where: , 125 Roxbury Road, Stamford
- When: Fridays and Saturdays, April 1,2, 8,9, 7:30 p.m.
- Why go: You, the audience, will determine the ending of this “unique piece of theatre,” according to organizers. What happens to Edwin Drood is up to ticketholders, “as the players scramble to assemble a climax and resolution to the their specifications.”
- Price: $15/adults, $10/ students and seniors
Author David Sedaris
- Where: , 61 Atlantic Street, Stamford
- When: Friday, 7:30 p.m.; Saturday, noon
- Why go: David Sedaris will read selections from his best-sellers "Naked,” "Me Talk Pretty One Day" and "Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim." He will engage with the audience for Q & A. For more information click here
- Price: $57, $52, $42 plus SCA Fees
Astronomy Nights: Our Amazing Moon
- Where: 39 Scofieldtown Road, Stamford
- When: Friday, 7 p.m.
- Why go: The observatory hosts a presentation followed by a look at the night sky through a 22-inch telescope. The presentation portion of the program will be held rain or shine; viewing is weather permitting. Suitable for children ages 5 and up.
- Price: Adults $3, Children $2 (ages 5 and up); free for members
Opening Weekend: "Titanic, The Musical"
- Where: , Kweskin Theatre, 1349 Newfield Avenue, Stamford
- When: Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, April 1-30; Thursdays, April 21, 28
- Why go: Directed by Peter Barbieri, Jr., with music direction by George Croom, this is a production of the Broadway musical that earned five Tony Awards including Best Musical and Best Score. (It is not the story of the James Cameron film "Titanic"). “Joyous, breathtaking and heartbreaking,” according to Curtain Call, the play will take the audience along on this historic voyage.
- Price: $28/adults, $14/students, $20/seniors, $18/Thrifty Thursdays (April 21 and 28 only); Click here for tickets
- Where: , 201 Summer St, Stamford
- When: Friday, 7:30-10 p.m.
- Why go: This mingling event is a speed dancing mixer hosted by Maria Fiori for singles in their 30s through 60s. She will engage sminglers in learning swing and latin dancing styles and participants will also play “The Dating Game.” A DJ will take over afer dark with music, giveaways and more. Dress is “sexy and nice, no jeans.” For more information .
- Price: Admission requires bringing a single, unattached friend and also $15 to help cover costs.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now