Kick off the weekend a day ahead with St. Patrick's Day merriment, and keep the vibe going with a legendary performer, zodiac signs and more...
Diana Ross in Concert
- Where: The Palace Theater, 61 Atlantic Street, Stamford
- When: 8 p.m. Friday; gala cocktail party before to the concert
- Why go: The Queen of Motown takes to the stage for a benefit concert to support The Palace.
- Price: Patron tickets/$300, call 203-517-3419; regular tickets/$158, $95, $85; call 203-325-4466 or visit scalive.org
Bellydance Party: Learn and Dance with Tava
- Where: Madeira Bar & Lounge, 25-27 Atlantic St., Stamford
- When: 9-11:30 p.m. Friday (third Friday of each month)
- Why go: Bellydancing instruction is available for all levels including beginners. Jiggle your middle and practice your moves, and also enjoy performances by Tava and one of her advanced students. For more information visit bellydancebytava.com For ages 21 and up.
- Price: $5 cover for 9-9:30, $10 cover 9:30-11:30. Ages 21 and up.
Astronomy Nights: Zodiac Constellations
- Where: Stamford Observatory, 39 Scofieldtown Rd., Stamford
- When: 7 p.m. Friday
- Why go: What's your sign? Learn about the constellations and then search the night sky through a 22-inch telescope. The presentation is held rain or shine; viewing hours are weather permitting.
- Price: Free for members; adults/$3, children (5-17) $2. For age appropriateness call (203) 252-2351.
- Where: , 125 Roxbury Rd, Stamford (parking available on site)
- When: 5-9 p.m. Saturday
- Why go: Watch and listen as Westhill hosts more than 10 high school ensembles from the tri-state area for this event. Hot and cold foods including delectible desserts will be for sale. All are welcome! For more information call 203-977-4477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Price: Obtain tickets at the door: $8/adults and $5/students and seniors.
St. Patrick’s Day: From "Kegs and Eggs" to Party Time
- Where: Tigin Irish Pub, 175 Bedford St., Stamford
- When: Thursday, St. Patty’s Day
- Why go: The pub kicks off a day of celebrating with a Kegs and Eggs/Pints and Pancakes breakfast at 8 a.m. and lunch starting at 10. Festivities keep going with Irish dancers and live music under the party tent from 3-11 p.m.
- Price: Menu pricing
Become a blogger today!
Get started now