- Do not hire Chimney Sweeps that call you, they are Scammers!
- Look for a local Certified Chimney Sweep from the Chimney Safety Institute of America WWW.CSIA.ORG (Individuals are certified, not company’s and they should be able to show you their picture ID) and is their company a member of The National Chimney Sweep Guild WWW.NCSG.ORG (companies are member not individuals.)
- Be sure they are a licensed Home Improvement Contractor with that number on there business card and bill head (that is the law in NY and CT)
- Ask for a certificate of insurance including Workers Comp
- Get more than one estimate, inspection (don’t tell them what you know, let them tell you what they find and why some thing is needed).
- Check out your Chimney Sweep, www.bbb.org, Angie’s List, your heating company, family and friends
- Have your chimneys and vents checked every year by a CSIA certified chimney sweep before using them or any time you experience any problems.
For more info visit www.Jamesballchimney.com "We Kick Ash"