- Keep your purse close to your body.
Avoid talking on cell phones while walking through malls, parking
lots or sidewalks. Phone conservations are a distraction that makes you
vulnerable to robbers.
- Don’t resist if someone tries to
take any of your belongings. Don’t chase someone who robs you, they may
have a weapon. Instead yell, scream, “Call 911”.
- If you go
to an automatic teller machine for cash, check for people around you
and make sure it is well lit and in a safe location.
- Carry only the credit cards you need and avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
- Do not buy more than you can easily carry.
- If you make a purchase with your credit card, be sure to obtain the
carbons and duplicates or see that they are destroyed in front of you
and check to make sure you receive YOUR credit card back.
- If you are shopping with small children, make a plan in case you are separated from each other.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something