One of the features that make Patch different from other online news sources is the ability for readers to post their own announcements.
Once logged in, users can use their local Patch to let others know about:
- A recent accomplishment
- The birth of a baby
- The death of a relative or friend
- The need for volunteers
- A promotion
- A special event
- A religious occasion
- A thank you
- A press release
In addition to using text in your announcements, you can also post photos, videos and PDFs, and once posted, they have the potential to get featured on the homepage and appear in daily e-newsletters. Each announcement also generates a short URL that editors (and you) can you use to promote it on Twitter, Facebook and other social networks.
View the video above to learn how to post announcements or use these quick instructions:
1. (If you already have a Patch account, skip to step #2) Sign up for a Patch account by clicking on the "Sign Up" button at the top of the homepage and following the instructions. Once your account is confirmed, log in.
2. Put your cursor over the "News" button at the top of the homepage and then click on "Announcements."
3. Click on the green "Add an Announcement" button at the right and then fill out the appropriate fields.
4. Click on "Post My Announcement" to save and post.
If you have any additional questions about posting announcements or if you'd like your announcement to appear on more than one Patch site, contact your local Patch site's editor.