One week after a heavy blizzard dropped two feet of snow overnight, the National Weather Service (NWS) is forecasting another snowfall Friday night that could last through the weekend.
According to the Hazardous Weather Outlook issued by the NWS, a front passing just southeast of Long Island has the potential to bring “significant snowfall, especially to areas near New York City and points east.”
Forecasts Thursday night predict a 20 percent chance of snow beginning early Saturday morning, increasing to 60 percent by mid-morning into the afternoon.
The snow is expected to taper off Saturday afternoon, however there is a chance it will continue to fall through Sunday.
Stamford Weekend Forecast
- Friday Night: A slight chance of snow showers after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. West wind 6 to 8 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday: Snow showers likely, mainly between 9am and 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Northeast wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 20. North wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 28. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 18.