The advisory is for southern Connecticut and the Hudson Valley region where snow is expected to begin falling towards the end of the morning rush hour and continue into the afternoon, according to the weather service. Heavy bands of snow could reduce visibility to about a half-mile.
The snow is expected to taper off during the afternoon rush hour, according to the advisory.
Here is the forecast for the remainder of the week:
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 19. West wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. West wind 11 to 14 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. West wind 9 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.